- Serving as lead counsel for the City of Oxnard in its successful opposition to the construction of a gas-fired power plant on the City’s coastline.
- Advising the Building Decarbonization Coalition and local agencies throughout California on building decarbonization initiatives.
- Serving as lead counsel for Plaintiffs in Communities for a Better Environment v. California Resources Agency, (2002) 103 Cal.App.4th 98, which was included in the National Law Journal’s July 21, 2003 special feature: The Plaintiffs’ Hot List, Twenty-Five Go-To Teams for When the Going Gets Tough.
Community Service, Publications, and Recognitions
- Frequent speaker and contributor on a range of environmental issues, including CEQA, Takings, and Building Decarbonization.
- Advisor to the Environmental Law Section of the California Lawyers Association.
- Co-Chair of the Yosemite Environmental Law Conference (2018).
- Northern California Super Lawyers Recognition each year since 2012.
- Featured in “Lean and Green,” California Lawyer’s review of up and coming lawyers in California. (1997).
Member of the Bars of the State of California, the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the U.S. Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, and U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California.
UC Berkeley School of Law/UC Berkeley College of Environmental Design, JD/Masters in City and Regional Planning, 1990; Ecology Law Quarterly, Notes and Comments editor
Princeton University, BA, Politics, magna cum laude
I love to cook. I make a mean cocktail. Yosemite is my favorite place on earth. Next to Paris.