SMW assists public agencies in all aspects of the administrative process, including helping to determine the proper scope of environmental review, reviewing drafts of CEQA documents, preparing and reviewing responses to comments, advising agencies on the approval process, and defending CEQA documents against legal challenge. Examples of the firm’s work providing CEQA advice include:
- University of California: SMW has advised several UC campuses on CEQA matters, including Long Range Development Plans for the Santa Cruz, Davis, Santa Barbara, and UC Marine Science campuses, and the EIR for UCSF’s Laurel Heights campus.
- County of Merced: We advised the County on the EIR for the University Community Plan to support the new University of California Merced campus.
- El Dorado County: SMW advised the County on CEQA compliance for its 2004 General Plan and successfully defended the Plan in court.
- San Francisco City College: The firm advised the College on the EIR prepared for the College’s Master Plan and successfully defended challenges to the environmental review of the College’s new Mission Campus.
- City of Patterson: The firm managed the preparation of an environmental impact report (EIR) for a large scale mixed-use development.